P2P loans offer an interesting investing opportunity. There is the potential for diversification and reasonably good returns.
We talk with Simon Cunningham from LendingMemo.com about what types of P2P loans are ideal for investing, as well as what to look for when adding these assets to your portfolio.
During the roundtable discussion, we’ll talk about the future of investing in P2P loans, including an interesting trend toward P2P loan derivatives. Learn the ins and outs — and decide of P2P loans fit into your investing plan.
Topics covered include:
- What is P2P lending?
- Which P2P loans are considered investments?
- Where can you go to invest in P2P loans, and what are your options?
- Pros and cons of investing in P2P loans.
- A look at P2P loan derivatives and the future of P2P loans as investments.
- The Big Short by Michael Lewis
- Loans that Avoid Banks? Maybe Not (New York Times)
- Wall Street’s Thinking about Creative Derivatives on Peer-to-Peer Loans (Bloomberg Business)
- Andrew Sather | eInvestingforBeginners
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Joe Saul-Sehy | Stacking Benjamins
- Andrea Travillian | Take a Smart Step
- Our guest: Simon Cunningham | LendingMemo.com
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.