Commodities always seem like the sophisticated advanced investing thing to do. However, is it really an area that the individual investor should be investing in? This week we look at what commodity investing is and if you should try and invest in them.
We talk with David Stein from Money for the Rest of Us about what commodities are, how they benefit your investment portfolio, and if you should be in them as an individual investor.
During the roundtable discussion, we’ll talk about what commodities we have in our portfolios if gold is a good investment, ways to deal with inflation, and our take on if you should be invested in commodities.
Topics covered include:
- What is considered a commodity?
- What ways you can invest in commodities as an individual.
- What the risks of commodities are.
- The benefits of commodities.
- Should the individual investor be in commodities, and if so which ones are the best to invest in.
- Episode 37 – De-leveraging
- Episode 24 – The Permanent Portfolio
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett
- Stock Charts.com
- Andrew Sather | eInvestingforBeginners
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Joe Saul-Sehy | Stacking Benjamins
- Andrea Travillian | Take a Smart Step
- Our guest: David Stien | Money for the Rest of Us
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists’ page.