There are a lot of misconceptions about investing. From the idea that you can make big money right now, to the myth that you need a lot of capital to get started, our panel dispels the myths that hold many would-be investors back.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Don’t expect to see a “big score.” Instead, plan to build wealth over time.
- You don’t need a lot of money to get started, especially if you are involved with value investing or index investing.
- A mentor can help you get started, and you can also learn from the wealth of resources available, from newsletters to books.
Links, Tools, and Programs To Help You Get Started
- The Four Pillars of Investing by William Bernstein
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and updated by Jason Zweig