To the beginning investor, options trading can seem like it’s only a risky bet. In this episode we discuss how options can be used as a hedge, and in some cases a method to generate income in your portfolio. We interview Brian Overby of TradeKing to discuss.
“Options are like buying insurance on a car.” – Brian Overby, TradeKing
With our roundtable we then discuss what are the downsides to options, and what other methods can you hedge your investments.
- The Options Playbook – By Brian Overby
- TradeKing’s Options Education Center
- How Value Investors Can Use Options to Increase their Returns – Nick Kraakman
- Andrew Sather | eInvesting for Beginners
- Larry Ludwig | Investor Junkie
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds