Just because we are on vacation doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten about you. From our archives, the Rent vs Buy debate is still a popular topic – so popular that we are bringing this popular episode back to you today.
Our guest is Jason Hull, a CFP and creator of MyFinancialAnswers.com
Topics covered include:
- Benefits of owning a home- tax code, forced savings, psychological benefits, security, and more.
- Drawbacks of owing – costs, mobility, growth.
- How to decide if you should buy or rent. Including lifestyle, long-term goals, expenses, and location considerations for buying a home.
- Reverse Mortgages (not discussed on the episode, but a good resource if you are thinking about this).
- Being a renter and a landlord.
- REIT Returns
- How long you stay at a job.
- Andrea Travillian | Take a Smart Step
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Joe Saul-Sehy | Stacking Benjamins
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.