We are told that paying down student loans — or any debt — offers a “guaranteed” return on investment. Even if that’s true, is speeding up the pay down on low-interest, tax-deductible debt really the best use of your resources?
This episode tackles the issue of the best way to look at debt, and whether or not it makes sense to pay it off immediately. Could you use your debt to leverage your lifestyle? Can cheap debt make sense in your financial plan? We take a look at the numbers involved in paying down student loans and other debt, as well as consider the psychology.
- U.S. Department of Education, Income-Based Repayment
- SoFi’s infographic on the return on investment for your education
- Jay Fleischman | Student Loan Show
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Joe Saul-Sehy | Stacking Benjamins
- Andrea Travillian | Take a Smart Step
- Andrew Sather | eInvesting for Beginners
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.