Technical analysis is the study of past prices, used for risk management and to help obtain a possible directional bias going forward. In this episode we review some of the basics so that you can decide if technical analysis is for you.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of what technical analysis is.
- What are indicators when discussing technical analysis – review items such as moving averages and RSI.
- How to use charts.
- Using technical analysis in the short term versus the long term.
- How to get started with technical analysis and who it might be good for.
- Trading Options: Using Technical Analysis to Design Winning Trades by Greg Harmon
- Technical Analysis for Dummies
- Episode on Trend Following